Good Life Beetroot Powder 200g
If you’re looking for a way to get even more nutrition packed into your life, this is it. For every tablespoon of beetroot powder, you get the punch of a whole, fresh beetroot, without having to peel a thing, or create a crime scene in the kitchen. Beetroots are delicious, but don’t always work in every dish. Add this to smoothies and juices for a boost, or use in baked goods like red velvet cake to create a rich, red colour, naturally.
- Beetroot has a slightly sweet, earthy flavour, which comes through in applications where the powder is used
- Using cocoa in conjunction can help to neutralise the earthy flavour (as in red velvet cakes)
- Beetroot contains the phytochemical betaine, that is known to facilitate fat metabolism, and the red pigment betanin, an antioxidant that supports liver detoxification
- There are also natural nitrates that help to support circulation and exercise performance
- Beetroot has traditionally been used to support the renal system, help purify the blood, and support liver and gallbladder problems
Did you know? Beetroot lowers blood pressure, as it is a naturally rich source of nitrates that help to widen blood vessels.
Organically farmed, non-GMO beetroot powder (Beta vulgaris)
One tablespoon of beetroot powder is equivalent to one fresh beetroot.