Truefood Chia Seed 200g
Chia seeds are proof that dynamite comes in small packages. High in protein, calcium, omega 3 and minerals, chia seeds are a superfood beneficial especially to plant-based diets. High levels of omega 3 also make chia key in raising HDL cholestrol levels (the good cholestrol), helping protect against heart attack and stroke.
- Non-GMO chia seeds
- A good source of green protein and minerals
- Naturally gluten free
- Anti-oxidant properties
- A plant based source of omega 3 and calcium
- Ideal as a vegan egg-replacement for baking
- Chia can be added to smoothies, date balls, snack bars, or poke bowls for powerful nutrition punch. It's not necessary to soak chia seeds, but doing so can help maximize the bioavailability.
- Chia absorbs water very quickly, so for this reason they make an ideal addition to smoothies and poke bowls.
- When added to date balls or snack bars chia add an appealing crunch to the texture, as well as protein, fibre, and minerals.
- To use chia as an egg-replacer: To replace 1 egg, use 1 tablespoon of chia seeds mixed with 3 tablespoons of water and let the mixture sit for 15 to 20 minutes until it becomes gelatin ous.