The Real Thing Pro-biotic Vegicaps
20-billion colony forming units of 10 probiotic bacteria and yeast per dose. Plus two of their favourite prebiotic fuels for growth. It all adds up to better digestion and increased immunity.
- INHIBIT BAD BACTERIA. They compete with unhealthy bacteria for binding sites and nutrients – some probiotics even lower the pH to inhibit bad microflora and produce bacteriocins, natural antibiotic substances against harmful bugs like Candida albicans, Salmonella, E coli and Staph aureus.
- ANSWER ANTIBIOTICS. Antibiotics kill bacteria, but don’t know how to tell the good from the bad. This means they can upset the system and your stomach. Replacing the beneficial bacteria with a probiotic can help restore a healthy flora balance.
IMPROVE IMMUNITY. Good bacteria work with the immune system on multiple levels. They’re practically honorary members of the team. Here’s why...
- Physical protection. Probiotic bacteria line the mouth, nose, oesophagus, lung cavity and digestive and urinary systems. They form a physical barrier between bad bacteria and the bloodstream. Like a living layer of Clingfilm.
- More immune cells. Research has shown that probiotics help increase the number of T and B lymphocytes produced to fight the body’s battles.
- More immune activity. They stimulate cells to produce antibodies against foreign invaders and immune messenger proteins called cytokines that help coordinate the immune response.
- More killer cell activity. Probiotics don’t just stimulate T-cells and B-cells to do their thing. They also push other immune cells, like macrophages and natural killer cells, to do theirs – namely to attack, engulf and swallow harmful microorganisms and toxins. It’s called phagocytosis, which means “cell eating”. And probiotics get cells eating more.
- ENHANCE NUTRITION. More good bacteria in the gut promote the absorption of nutrients from food – especially minerals like iron, calcium, magnesium and zinc. They also produce nutrients themselves, including B vitamins, folic acid, and antioxidants like vitamin K.
STRENGTHENS THE GUT BARRIER. The gut flora ensures proper mucous secretion which provides an obstacle to the absorption of pathogenic substances. Some bacteria actually strengthen the intestinal structure and are involved in tissue and cell development. An increase in Bifidobacteria induced by nutritional supplements is correlated with an improved gut barrier. A dysfunctional gut barrier function is associated with digestive difficulties such as leaky gut syndrome and lactose intolerance.
IN A NUTSHELL
PRO-Probiotic helps provide us with more nutrients than we receive from the food we do eat, helps protect against invading organisms and helps strengthen our gut barrier so that these organisms don't get into our blood stream