DETOX – A POPULAR BUZZWORD!!!
Toxins, pollutants, synthetic chemicals, heavy metals, and processed foods all negatively affect health.
Your body is well equipped to eliminate toxins and has a sophisticated system that involves the LIVER, kidneys, digestive system, skin, lungs and the lymphatic system.
Only when these organs are healthy, can they eliminate unwanted substances properly.
REJUVENATE AND OPTIMIZE YOUR BODY’S NATURAL DETOXIFICATION SYSTEM.
Here are some tips:
- Limit alcohol - drinking too much alcohol reduces your liver’s ability to carry out its normal functions such as detoxification.
- Adequate sleep - It allows your brain to reorganize, recharge and eliminate toxins that accumulate throughout the day.
- Drink water - It allows your detoxification system to remove waste products from your blood.
- Reduce sugar and processed (JUNK) food - It harms your liver and kidneys and is directly linked to cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, obesity, inflammation etc.
- Get active! Regular physical activity lowers inflammation and allows your detoxification system to work properly. It also helps your lymphatic system to work properly.
- Switch to natural personal care and cleaning products to reduce exposure to potentially toxic chemicals.
- Reduce your salt intake to prevent water retention. You can eliminate excess water and waste by increasing your intake of water and potassium-rich food.
- DEWORM and do everything to ensure proper bowel movement. Our mini colon detox for 3 weeks is excellent and a great kickstart! We suggest that one does it twice a year.
- If you are a sugar addict you must know that it puts a lot of strain on your liver, and it is a good plan to treat the liver for three months with a herbal combination.
- Replenish your gut flora and eat a variety of fibre-rich food to get enough prebiotics.
Beneficial foods/herbs/supplements things to add to your diet include:
- Sulfur-containing food (broccoli, onions, garlic, eggs, dairy, nuts and seeds, legumes etc)
- Chlorella: enhance the elimination of heavy metals
- Cilantro: enhance the secretion of heavy metals like lead, and chemicals, including phthalates and insecticides.
- Glutathione: a major antioxidant heavily involved with detoxification produced by your body.
- Anti-oxidant rich food (berries, pecans, kale, red cabbage, beans, beetroot, spinach.)
- Herbs to support liver and kidney health. Go to liver and kidney health online shop.
There is no quick fix magic potion detox, to cleanse you from all the gunk that built up for years, in a zippy.
Your body cleanses every moment of every day. It's an ongoing process…
I love doing a cleanse/detox for some days after a holiday or a party when I’ve eaten junk and too much. FRESH AND RAW fruit and vegetables are natures cleansers and make one feel better and get back on the straight and narrow. You can feel the difference after the first day of eating fresh and drinking water.
Maybe a “detox” is something that makes us feel better, and that’s also fine. At least there is some awareness of the effect of our lifestyles.
- Prevention is always better than cure!!!
- Do your best to do the best for your body, heart and mind.
- Remember to do a mental & emotional cleanse from time to time – It has a BIG impact on your health.
- Educate and empower yourself! Your body is your responsibility!