DETOX – A POPULAR BUZZWORD!!!
Toxins, pollutants, synthetic chemicals, heavy metals, and processed foods all negatively affect health.
Your body is well equipped to eliminate toxins and has a sophisticated system that involves the liver, kidneys, digestive system, skin, and lungs.
Only when these organs are healthy, can they eliminate unwanted substances properly.
REJUVENATE AND OPTIMIZE YOUR BODY’S NATURAL DETOXIFICATION SYSTEM.
Here are some tips:
- Limit alcohol - drinking too much alcohol reduces your liver’s ability to carry out its normal functions such as detoxification.
- Adequate sleep - It allows your brain to reorganize, recharge and eliminate toxins that accumulate throughout the day.
- Drink water - It allows your detoxification system to remove waste products from your blood.
- Reduce sugar and processed (JUNK) food - It harms your liver and kidneys and is directly linked to cardiovascular diseases, diabetes, obesity, inflammation etc.
- Get active! Regular physical activity lowers inflammation and allows your detoxification system to work properly. It also helps your lymphatic system to work properly.
- Switch to natural personal care and cleaning products to reduce exposure to potentially toxic chemicals.
- Reduce your salt intake to prevent water retention. You can eliminate excess water and waste by increasing your intake of water and potassium-rich food.
- DEWORM and do everything to ensure proper bowel movement. Our mini colon detox for 3 weeks is excellent !!! SHOP ONLINE
- Replenish your gut flora and eat a variety of fiber-rich food to get enough prebiotics.
Beneficial foods/herbs/supplements things to add to your diet include:
- Sulfur-containing food (broccoli, onions, garlic, eggs, dairy, nuts and seeds, legumes etc)
- Chlorella enhances the elimination of heavy metals
- Cilantro enhances the secretion of heavy metals like lead, and chemicals, including phthalates and insecticides
- Glutathione is a major antioxidant heavily involved with detoxification produced by your body
- Anti-oxidant rich food (berries, pecans, kale, red cabbage, beans, beetroot, spinach)
There is no quick fix magic potion detox to cleanse you from all gunk that built up for years in a zippy.
Your body cleanses every moment of every day. It's an ongoing process…
I love doing a cleanse/detox for some days after a holiday or a party when I’ve eaten junk or indulged a bit. FRESH AND RAW fruit and vegetables are nature’s cleansers and make us feel better. It helps our bodies to get back on the straight and narrow. You can feel the difference within a day of eating fresh and drinking water.
Maybe a “detox” is something that makes US feel better, and that’s also fine. At least there is some awareness of the effect of our lifestyles.
- Prevention is always better than cure!!!
- Do your best to do the best for your body, heart and mind.
- Remember to do a mental & emotional cleanse from time to time – It has a BIG impact on your health.
- Educate yourself! Your body, your responsibility!
- Empower yourself!