Stress & Disease
“The mind and body are not separable. Our stress-driven society in a myriad of unconscious ways help generate the illness that plagues us. While advice and prescriptions may be useful, even more, valuable to us is an insight into ourselves and the working of our minds and bodies. Insight, inspired by the quest for truth, can promote transformation. “– excerpts from the book When the BODY SAYS NO, The cost of HIDDEN STRESS - International bestseller by GABOR MATE
A book worth reading when you are seeking understanding for your problems. Over the years I have realised more and more that our childhood experiences set the path for our lives. As children being in stressful situations like not being acknowledged, feeling uncertain, UNLOVED, not supported, out of control with a lack of information, and in conflict, deeply damages a person. Adding helplessness, hopelessness, sadness, anxiety, frustration, and anger is unbearable and causes great harm.
Emotions are experiences. IT IS AMAZING! It is supposed to flow through us and make us alive. When emotions are suppressed to survive and negative feelings take over; help is needed.
Our thoughts trigger emotions. When we feel joy, happiness, acceptance, approval and positivity, those happy sparks go to our physical body and bring vitality.
On the other hand, if what we think makes us feel rejected, fearful, stressed, anxious, guilty disempowered, resentful, hate, jealous, sad, shame, angry, rage, melancholy, disgust, and loneliness, then these emotions will also go to your physical body, but now it will have a negative effect.
- Fear gives you the survival instincts you need to keep yourself safe from danger.
- Fear is an unpleasant emotion caused by the threat of danger, pain or harm – real or imagined, physical or emotional.
- Fear can be subtle (worry, unease, or distress) or more intense (nervousness, unrest, scared) and out of control (terror, panic, or anxiety).
- Feeling negative emotions is a signal that something needs to change!
- Avoiding negative emotions is not the goal, but rather becoming aware of them and creating change in the areas that caused them. By not allowing the negative emotions to fester in your body, you give yourself a greater chance at avoiding illness possibly caused by negative emotions.
If you eat unhealthy food, find yourself in a negative headspace and feel negative emotions for months or years on end, this can manifest physically as illness. The healing required is deeply rooted and consists of physical, mental, and emotional work.
When we are children, our caretakers are responsible for what we eat and experience, we mostly are on the receiving end with not much say. We all have something to heal from. When we are adults the full responsibility is in our own hands and we have the power to stay in suffering or do whatever it takes to heal. To bounce back to Peace and Freedom constantly are the ultimate goal to make it in the world we are living in.
A person can be tired because of nutritional deficiencies. It can also be because of not having any purpose or drive for life. You may be struggling with a variety of physical symptoms like fatigue, dizziness, headaches etc. that need intervention, but it remains important to get to the emotional reasons too.
Only treating symptoms is not a sustainable plan. There are no pills that help for resentment, heartache, loneliness, rejection, guilt, fear, anger or any other emotion.
As humans, we tend to seek comfort from stimulants and food. When we do not solve the root of our problems, we can overuse food, smoking, alcohol, drugs, medication, etc. for the sake of seeking comfort and numbing. This will make things worse, like creating addictions and creating more problems.
- Life is not going to get easier. We will have to get stronger.
- Get an action plan - work with what you’ve got.
- Empower yourself.
- Forgiveness is the key to freedom.
- Accept what is now
- It is what it is.
- You cannot change the past.
- Forgive people who wronged you.
- Forgive yourself.
- Walk-in forgiveness.
- Have compassion for yourself and others.
Is the root of your health problems emotional or physical? These books are excellent resources:
- YOU CAN HEAL YOUR LIFE by Louise L Hay
- A MORE EXCELLENT WAY by Dr Henry W Wright is life-changing.
At Emagenes, we speak to people daily who have never done any form of emotional healing. There is so much information available. Take an honest look at your life. Don’t waste time. Start doing the inner work to prevent disease and to heal your life.
GET HELP! Things don’t just get better by themselves.