Escentia Citronella Essential Oil 11ml
Citronella oil is mainly used a natural, non-toxic alternative to chemical insect repellents to repel insects such as mosquitoes, fleas and ticks. Because of its association with insect repellents the other benefits of citronella essential oil in aromatherapy are sometimes overlooked.
- Well known for its antiseptic, bactericidal, deodorant and toning properties
- Aroma is uplifting and cleansing
- Commonly used as an air freshener or as an insect repellent
- Useful oil for inhalations to protect against colds and flu
100% pure Citronella oil(Andropogon nardus).
Essential oils are the highly concentrated active ingredients. They should always be diluted in a base before use and should not be taken internally without professional recommendation. Always perform a patch test before using an essential oil preparation topically.
- Baths: Add 5 - 10 drops of essential oil(s) to a warm run bath. If skin is sensitive, blend the essential oil in a teaspoon of carrier oil first. Close the door so the vapours don't escape. Soak for at least 10 minutes relaxing and breathing deeply. For added moisturising dilute the oils in 10ml of carrier before adding to the bath.
- Massage: add 5 - 6 drops of essential oil per 10ml of carrier oil. Mix thoroughly and apply liberally to the skin.
- Inhalations: Add 4 - 5 drops of essential oil to a bowl of steaming water. Place a towel over your head, close your eyes and lean over the bowl. Inhale the vapour for a few minutes.
- Burners and Diffusers: Fill the bowl of the burner/vaporiser with water and then add 3 - 6 drops of essential oil. Light the candle and the oil will evaporate as the water heats up. Do not let the bowl dry out.